With one more day left in the NBA season, the playoff picture is still just as confusing as it was yesterday. Let's try this again.
• If Portland wins tonight against Golden State, the Blazers get the sixth seed.
• If Portland loses tonight against Golden State, and San Antonio falls to Dallas, the Blazers still get the sixth seed.
• If Portland loses tonight against Golden State, and San Antonio defeats Dallas, the Blazers get the seventh seed.
Who are the Blazers NOT playing:
• Pretty much any team not named but Phoenix or Utah.
Who are the Blazers playing?:
• Utah or Phoenix. Maybe Dallas, but it's very doubtful.
Other than the Blazers, who should I root for tonight?:
• You want Phoenix to defeat Utah. If that happens, the Suns get the third seed and a date with the Blazers. Phoenix is the best postseason hope for Portland.
• If the Jazz win, the Blazers are going to Utah. This is a very bad thing, since Utah has dominated Portland all season long.
• If Portland loses, Dallas loses, and Utah wins, the Blazers are going to play the Mavericks. (See? Not likely to happen.)
I just skipped to the bottom. Seriously, who are the Blazers playing?:
Phoenix or Utah.