QUICK!!! Everything you need to know about this morning's Emmy Nominations announcement!!
• Mad Men and American Horror Story tie for nominations—both racking up 17 each.
• This was the first year that no network TV show was nominated for "Best Drama." HAWWWW! Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Homeland, Game of Thrones, and Downton Abbey got the nod. (I would've happily kicked out Boardwalk for American Horror Story... but AHS put themselves in the running for "Best Mini-Series." Yeah, I don't get that either.)
• Betty White beats out Survivor's Jeff Probst for "Best Reality Show Host" (for that Off Their Rockers show). Also shit upon? American Idol which was kicked to the curb by The Voice.
• Most deserved Emmy nominations: Max Greenfield from New Girl, Lena Dunham (Girls), Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation), Louis C.K. (Louie), Kristen Wiig (SNL), Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad), Community (Outstanding Writing), Sherlock: A Scandal In Belgravia (Best Mini-Series or Movie) along with stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. And the It Gets Better special (yay, Dan!!) for "Outstanding Children’s Nonfiction, Reality or Reality-Competition Program."
• Most UNdeserved Emmy nominations: Big Bang Theory nominated for "Best Comedy"? PUH-LEEEEZE! Julianna Margulies (The Good Wife)? BLECHH!! Uma Thurman in Smash? NO. Portlandia for "Outstanding Directing" and "Outstanding Writing." HAHAHAHAAAAA. RIGHT.
I gotta say the Emmy nominators got it mostly right this year... any exceptions you noticed?