The Michael Jackson HIStory Show is coming to Portland on June 7 at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall. Renowned Michael Jackson impersonator Kenny Wizz is the star of the show. Here is the promotional trailer (more info on the show on PCPA's site.)
SOME THINGS OF NOTE:
• Kenny Wizz is a decidedly unfortunate name. Perhaps he imagines the name will have people recalling MJ's role in The Wiz, but everyone will agree it sounds more like he's a porn star who specializes in "wet work."
• The music in this trailer is oddly terrifying for a Michael Jackson show. It's reminiscent of Battlestar Galactica meeting Carmina Burana.
• The press release states that "Michael Jackson HIStory Show brings to the stage a level of production that will exceed all expectations." They seem pretty confident, so let those expectations soar!
• Kenny Wizz looks like ghoulish, scary later-period Michael Jackson. Is this the MJ you want to pay money to see impersonated?
• There. Right there. At 2:40-2:43 in the promo video. What. The. Fuck? Is Wizz unaware of Jackson's questionable legacy in this regard?
• SERIOUSLY THIS MUSIC IS FREAKING ME OUT