• Terrence Jones
The Portland Police Bureau just put out a disturbing press release about a local boy seemingly done good: Terrence Jones, a Jefferson High alum playing for the NBA's Houston Rockets, has been charged with harassment after a sergeant reported seeing him stomping on a sleeping homeless man's leg in Old Town early this morning.

Jones, 21, was just written up favorably in the Oregonian, in a story that praised his athletic development. The alleged stomping happened near Tube. When revelers aren't coursing around Old Town's nightclub district, the neighborhood's doorways are a mostly quiet place for dozens of men and women to bunk down for the night.

Dirk VanderHart points out that Jones has not tweeted about his arrest yet.

Here's the release from the cops.

On Wednesday July 31, 2013, at 2:04 a.m., Central Precinct officers arrested 21-year-old Terrence Alexander Jones in Old Town after Jones was seen stomping on a sleeping homeless man's leg. After the arrest, officers learned that Jones is currently on the roster of the Houston Rockets NBA team.

A sergeant patrolling the area saw a large group of people exit the Tube nightclub, located at 18 Northwest 3rd Avenue, and spill out into the street and sidewalk. An officer patrolling the area used a PA system to tell the crowd to get out of the street and get back onto the sidewalk. The sergeant pulled around the block to assist in case there was any further crowd issue.

While watching the group walk away from the bar, the sergeant observed a man, later identified as Terrence Jones, walk by a doorway where two homeless men were sleeping. Jones yelled, "Wake up," then raised his leg and stomped down on one of the men's legs. The men were sleeping in the doorway of 114 Northwest 3rd Avenue.

Officers contacted Jones among the group of approximately eight people about a half a block away and took him into custody.

The victim, 46-year-old Daniel John Kellerher, received a minor leg injury and did not require immediate medical attention.

Jones was transported to Central Precinct then to the Multnomah County Jail on a charge of Harassment.