From The Roxy
1121 SW Stark
If you ever get tired of staying up all night dancing in Vaseline Alley, maybe some day you'll stay home and rent a movie. If you do, ask Chris about it first. These are some things he might tell you:
•Fight Club (1999): "This is one of the best modern-day Jekyll & Hyde movies."
•Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie (1996): "One of the better movies to make fun of itself. And, it's good to see puppets still being used."
•House of 1,000 Corpses (2003): "Rob Zombie's hillbilly horror debut. I don't want to give away the end, but no one lives; it shows no mercy. It's cool."
•Freaked (1993): "Starring Alex Winter and Keanu Reeves. It's kind of an unaccredited Bill & Ted movie, but it's much more slapstick and silly. Hard to find, but it's got Mr. T as a bearded lady, Bobcat Goldthwait as a talking sock, and Brooke Shields. That's one tripped-out cast."
•Beetlejuice (1988): "One of Tim Burton's better movies and one of Danny Elfman's better scores. And everyone had a crush on Lydia (Winona Ryder)."
Jamie "Tag" Ackley
From Otto's Sausage Kitchen and Meat Market
4138 SE Woodstock
There are only so many tofu and veggie skewers one can eat and still claim to have led a stimulating life. With a good two months still left of barbecue season, consider exploring the thrill of a sausage party, with some of Tag's fabulous suggestions, perhaps?
• Chicken Sausage: "It's good because... I like chicken? And they're kinda spicy."
• Bangers: "They have cayenne in them, so they're also kind of spicy. Plus they're British."
• Hot Dogs: "Old fashioned, sure, but they're not all greasy."
• Bratwurst: "Kind of plain, but they're a must-have for the grill."
• Smoked Pork Links: "They're beer sausages, and who doesn't like beer sausages?"