From Evolution Exotics
1526 NE Alberta
Jesse likes critters that are creepy and crawly, so he opened a store to provide our fair city with an excellent resource for pets that are, well, a little "left of center." His five favorites:
- Green Tree Python: "They sleep all day and hardly ever come to the ground. They stay curled up in a symmetrical position."
- Poison Dart Frog: "Stunning, colorful frogs that grow to two-and-a-half inches. They're not poisonous in captivity if you keep to their diet."
- Black Tree Monitor: "Slender, with a prehensile tail. It's the most interesting animal in the store."
- Black-Throat Monitor: "They're like garbage disposals, they'll eat anything you toss in the cage."
- Oustalet's Chameleon: "The strangest looking animal in the world. Their eyes move independently and their tongues are the length of their bodies."
From The Yamhill Pub
223 SW Yamhill
In addition to fantastic service and happy hours, the Yamhill rules because they always seem to be showing a rad movie with closed captions. Genevieve shares her top five flicks:
- The Hunger (1983): "A vampire movie with not only David Bowie, but also Catherine Deneuve, and a wonderful sex scene with Susan Sarandon."
- Bound (1996): "A great gangster movie with Joe Pantoliano, Gina Gershon and Jennifer Tilly."
- Labyrinth (1986): "Another movie with the wonderful David Bowie."
- Young Frankenstein (1974): "One of Mel Brooks' finest works. Gene Wilder as a madman and of course Cloris Leachman as 'the Frau.'"
- Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (1971): "Yet again, Gene Wilder as a madman. That movie used to scare the shit out of me when I was a child."