From Dirty Little Secret Salon
1909 NE MLK
Sometimes you don't have the time or income for lotions, potions, or hair goop. So Lucynda made her top fives for hotties on the run, on the lam, on the flyÉ and only included two purchasable beauty products.
- "Slept In" by Michael O'Rourke: "This is great for that 'second day' look."
- Cork: "A natural cork from a wine or champagne bottle makes a great eyeliner; you just light it on fire and smudge it on. It gives you kind of a Nico, junkie look."
- Lip gloss multitasking: "Use lip gloss as a last-minute hair smoother. It's great for flyaways or a separated, chunky look."
- Cigarette ash/Windex: "Great for removing hair color residue off of the skin."
- Redken Color Extend Conditioner: "People don't utilize color conditioner enough. It's a great way to keep that perfect tone in your dyed hair."
From Video Vertigo
3956 N. Mississippi
It's not just Sex and the City and The Sopranos that have been reissued on DVD. Here are a few picks that Ryan thinks you should be dying to see again:
- The Office (Season 1): "Nothing is funnier than tedium, bureaucracy and office sexism, right?"
- Tenacious D: The Complete Masterworks: "You'll also find a full concert, short films about masturbation and LSD, music videos, and behind-the-scenes footage."
- Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons: "Filmed in 'Super Marionation'--yep, as in marionettes--this '70s British series will blow your mind and creep you out. It's a retro look at the future with, well, puppets."
- Schoolhouse Rocks: "The DVD includes the wise teachings of Scooter Computer and Mr. Chips, a couple of characters who taught kids to overcome their fear of technology."