1101 SE Division
Does Portland drink more than other cities? Is it normal to have wine recommendations next to the omelets on a brunch menu? HmmÉ well, all we know is that booze goes great with breakfast! Here are Cari's suggestions for cocktails to start the day with:
- Emergency Elixir: "It's an Emergen-C (one of those energy packets), muddled lemon with Stoli orange, fresh orange juice, and a splash of cranberry juice. It's your basic, overall refresher and hangover cure."
- Cross between Bellini/Mimosa: "I serve it on the rocks in a pint glass--champagne, peach schnapps, orange juice."
- Ginger Vodka Lemonade: "This is another drink I'm making. It's fresh ginger, muddled lemon, and lemon vodka."
- Montana Breakfast: "Budweiser and tomato juice. It sounds gross, but it's good."
- Bloody Mary: "We go through about four gallons of Bloody Mary mix on Saturdays and Sundays."
From Actors In Action
Between helping people get roles, teaching acting workshops, and his own acting experience, Damon knows how important good acting is to a film. Here are five that he can't stop watching:
- The Shawshank Redemption (1994): "I think Tim Robbins' performance was extremely unforced and believable."
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981): "Harrison Ford's comedy just made that whole movie work."
- It's A Wonderful Life (1946): "What attracts me about that story is what the little guy overcomes. He sacrifices for others, and sticks to his morals and principles."
- Rope (1948): "The reason I like this one--it fascinates me--is that Hitchcock used one camera and one take. One camera shot in the whole film."