909 SW Park
It's all well and good to try out exotic dishes, but sometimes it's a crapshoot. Let Juliano guide you through the mysterious world of sushi and poke:
- Dragon roll: "It's a combination of tuna, avocado, cooked shrimp, and asparagus. Tuna is my favorite fish, and this combination has a nice, particular taste--and it looks good, too."
- Taylor roll: "It's different. It has crab, raw scallops, fish eyes, cucumbers, and radish sprouts. We add a seasoned mayo and tempura crispies on the outside, so it's pretty crunchy."
- Classic poke: "Diced raw tuna with lemon juice, a little bit of soy sauce, sesame oil, green onions, shallots, and ginger. Definitely one of my favorite pokes, it has a citrus taste."
- Seared Albacore poke: "A white meat tuna seasoned with spices, diced, and mixed with lemon juice, soy sauce, pickled ginger, sesame seeds, red Fresno peppers, and avocado."
From Clinton St Theater
2522 SE Clinton
Surprise! The manager of the highly-respected Clinton Street Theater loooves movies. So, what does Seth watch at home?
- Repo Man (1984): "Everybody wanted to be Emilio Estevez in that movie. He was, like, the coolest actor in the world when it came out. Too bad he turned out to be such a terrible actor."
- True Romance (1993): "It's a great film, a 'something that could happen to anyone' story. And one of the best ensemble casts of any movie ever."
- Gregg Araki's trilogy: Totally F***ed Up (1993), The Doom Generation (1995), and Nowhere (1997): "James Duvall is the lead actor in all three and he's one of my favorite actors. They all have a 'wasted youth' theme."
- Black Samurai (1976): "It's a cross between blaxploitation and kung fu."
- Stupidity (2003): "The best documentary I've seen in a long time. It takes a deep, hard look at the topic of stupidity."