From Organics to You
We all want to eat healthy but we don't want to have to drive five miles to get the good organic stuff. Organics To You has a bunch of super fresh produce from local farmers with impressive prices! Anna tells you what else you can do to keep healthy:
• Eat starch before you drink: "It helps filter out impurities in alcohol. Definitely have some potatoes before a night out. This doesn't mean fries!"
• Eat sweet fruit: "Especially if you know you might get lucky that night. It makes your bodily fluids taste much sweeter."
• Take milk thistle: "It's good for your liver and helps protect it from almost anything."
• Don't drink carbonated stuff: "It's surprising but anything carbonated takes calcium out of your bones, not just soda pop."
• Women, eat hearty greens: "Women are often anemic and don't know it. Kale and chards are the best and quickest way to go."
3314 SE Belmont
Jonathan used to work at a bookstore but now he works for this quirky toyshop. Clearly he hasn't let go of childish things, including his love for graphic novels. These are his latest favorites:
• Maus: a Survivor's Tale: My Father Bleeds History by Art Spiegelman: "The Jews are portrayed as mice and Nazis as cats. In addition to the beautiful artwork, I've never cried so much."
• Ripple: A Predilection for Tina by Dave Cooper: "It's an artist trying to put together a show about the eroticism of homeliness and becomes obsessed with the model that poses for him."
• Pupshaw and Pushpaw #1 by Jim Woodring: "A picture book about two mischievous creatures that interact and cause a lot of trouble."