Valentine's Day sucks if you're single, but at least you get some good sales out of it. Here's what's going on in the next few weeks, starting with this weekend!
1. Big sale at Mabel and Zora this weekend. Get 20% off everything, plus 50-75% off items on clearance, this Saturday and Sunday (Feb. 6th and 7th). They're trying to get rid of the old stuff to make room for the new spring collections, like this:
- Trina Turk Concetta Dress
2. Fashion show! This Friday, February 5th, from 7:30 - 9:30 pm, Jockey P2P will launch its spring/summer season at the Embassy Suites Portland Airport. Learn about spring trends, watch a "real women" fashion show, and talk with Portland representatives about direct selling opportunities. THEN on February 10th, you can attend an Open House at the home of Jockey P2P Comfort Specialist Kate Allister. She will be showcasing the new season's fashions to local women and providing refreshments, and then everyone will watch Sleepless in Seattle while sharing tubs of ice cream. Just kidding about the last part.
3. Romance This! at Hotel Fifty. Go to Bishops (any Bishops), buy a V-Day gift package (#1 Shave This! Shampoo/cut/shave $34; #2 Cut This! Shampoo/long cut/blowdry/style $38; #3 Color This! All over color/cut/style $80), and get automatically entered to win a pretty sweet deal for Valentine's Day: $100 dinner and drink voucher at H50 Bistro and Bar and a King Balcony room for a night with champagne and chocolates at Hotel Fifty. The drawing will be held on February 12th, so get your shaves, cuts, and colors in before it's too late.
4. V-Day Sale at Tilde. Yep, 20% off everything at Sellwood's finest mid-century modern women's design and accessory shop. Save on jewelry, handbags, gifts, and cards from February 12th-14th. The discount is available online as well.
- Orla Kiely Classic Shoulder Bag available at Tilde
5. This one's at the end of the month, but it looks pretty rad: the 2010 Vintage Bridal Show: Beautiful and Sustainable on Feb. 27th and 28th, from 11 am - 6 pm at the Queen Anne Victorian Mansion. It's free, with suggested donations to benefit the Oregon Food Bank. It's sponsored by Ava Hansen Millinery and AlexSandra’s Vintage Emporium.
Now go to, young lovers, and shop shop shop!