Whether or not your mother is into the girl-ier things in life, there are a bunch of Mother's Day-related events coming up that anyone can take advantage of. Here are a few highlights:
• Mabel & Zora are doing it up this Saturday with The Denim Diet author Kami Gray on hand from 1-5 pm to dish out style advice (and sell copies of her book), a drawing for a goodie bag filled with prizes from the store as well as from Little Urbanites, Barre3, Physical Element, and Gray. And oh yes there will be champagne and cupcakes. There always is. RSVP on the Facebook page.
• Mercantile is ponying up with $25 gift certificates towards purchases on Saturday from 10 am-5:30 pm, plus brunch, belinis, and mini manicures.
• On a more charitable note, H5O bistro & bar is offering mothers who make a donation to Dress for Success Oregon (just bring it to the restaurant) on May 7, 8 or 9 a free entree with purchase of an entree of equal or greater value during breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
• Pin Me is having a mother's day sale starting today and running through Sunday, with 20% off all purchases. They're also raffling off this Orla Kiely tote bag—enter by dropping by the store or sending them a note on—surprise!—Facebook:
• Ecdysiast pole dancing studio is offering 25% off everything through the end of May—gift certificates, classes, punch cards, apparel, etc.