1. COATT is a family run design studio, each piece of Morse code jewelry is handcrafted here in Portland. The designers find inspiration in science, education, and communication. Definitely quirky, and cute COATT can even make custom necklaces and bracelets with whatever word/phrase your heart desires. Shop the collection here.
2. Although I am (and always will be) a huge fan of a simple shiny black mani, this unexpected twist is a fresh take on the black polish trend. An edgier version of the French manicure, this geometric style is sure to turn heads. Steady handed MOD’ers may want to attempt a DIY effort, but for a sure bet head to your favorite nail salon and treat yourself to some fancy mitts.
3. Lille Boutique is stocked with tights worth splurging on. Patterns pack a punch, and brights make the rainy days a little less grey. Add a pair of sassy stockings to your closet and mix and match with your favorite skirts and dresses for a whole new look. Extra points for layering cute socks over your hose’ and pairing with an open toed pump. Shop the look here.
4. Heritage is so hip lately; duck boots are making swift come back. The most famous being the LL Bean “Bean” boot, which has been produced in Maine since about 1912. A staple for the hiking/outdoorsy type, duck boots have hit the mainstream fashion scene. Perfect for our Portland climate, I’d pair with jorts, black tights, thick winter socks and warm jacket for a practical day outfit.
5. Native Union’s Pop phone is the latest techie gadget I’m obsessed with. A longtime lover of the landline, I was ecstatic to receive a Pop phone for Christmas. Compatible with Iphone and Ipad, this telly lets you chat in style and get less radiation to your noggin. Click here to purchase.