Anonymous idiot, WHY WAS YOUR CAT OUTSIDE? Maybe this wouldn't have been a problem if it wasn't for irresponsible cat owners like yourself.
If you actually cared about your cat and had a clue, you'd already know that outdoor cats have 25% of the lifespan of indoor cats, eat wildlife, and spread disease.
I'm on twitter for one and only one reason: it's a cheap and effective way to broadcast software updates and support issues for my snowflake customers who feel that it's somehow better than email or forums.
Beyond that, it's just a dark room full of deaf losers shouting.
Unless you're afflicted with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, I have no idead why anyone would use it.
Don't recognize most of the people on the list...
Loved Christopher Eccleston!
Watched two of the David Tennant episodes and haven't watched one since. Have they started hiring people who can act once again?
What's wrong with being partially full of delicious, steaming, shit?
Gotta love your end justifies the means attitude!
How would you feel if some spamming buttmuch did that to you, let's say instead for, I dunno, a Mitt Romney fundraiser?
twitter did the right thing.
Ridership is up because most of the people on it can't afford a car anymore, thanks to Barry and Shrub's excellent economic adventure. Compared to when I first started using Trimet, the % of educated or even middle class riders has nosedived.
You won't ever find a more vocal proponent of mass transit than myself. And yet Trimet has found a way to ensure that I'll never support any of their projects in the future.
How did they do it?
1) Blaming fare increases on everything but what actually caused them, such as the huge bet they made that fuel prices would keep going up just before they crashed as the depression on 2008 set in. This was their first foray into futures, and they went all in on their first bet.
2) Gutting bus service for badly designed light rail.
3) Speaking of light rail, have you tried riding those god awful Type III cars? There is no way that the people who purchased them could have possibly tried them out beforehand, much less used them daily.
4) Being bike hostile. As in every single administrator, rent a cop, and operator.
5) Gutting supervision of transit operators on my side of town. After 5PM, bus drivers pretty much show up whenever the hell they want.
6) Hiring a good ol' boy to replace Hansen. They didn't even consider a single outside candidate for the position.
If they've lost me, imagine how your average middle class suburbanite outside of Multnomah County feels. In ten years, they won't have a single middle class rider left and they'll have completely turned the electorate against them.
I always wear a helmet and think others should as well. As a matter of personal choice.
The part I have always found disturbing is that when media (the ones who have most of their revenue from car ads at least) report a crash, they always cite if the cyclist was wearing a helmet or not wearing a helmet- with no regard for culpability.
I think it is in poor taste (and I ought to know what constitutes poor taste!) While I wouldn't be surprised if it happened some day soon, I have not noted any reporting if rape victims were carrying contrceptives or armed robbery victims were wearing kevlar vests.
All Comments »
All contents © Index Newspapers, LLC
Contact Info |
Production Guidelines |