From Jackpot Recording Studio
1925 SE Morrison
Who better to ask for record recommendations than a man whose aim is to capture the perfect recording?
• Radiohead Hail To The Thief: "I don't get into the details of whether this is better than the last one. They're sonically interesting, and their work with Nigel Godrich is always evolving."
• Grandaddy Sumday: "It also has videos on it, so it's a hell of a deal."
• Quasi Hot Shit: "The first Quasi record that I didn't record on. I don't have to think about the process, I can just enjoy it."
• King Tubby King Tubby At The Controls: "A compilation with pretty early reggae stuff, then gets into his dub experiments."
• Holly Golightly Truly She Is None Other: "I like the idea of the White Stripes, but can't stand listening to them. It's nice to hear something garagey that's more tuneful."
From Andy & Bax
324 SE Grand
When the sun's out wide in the sky, it's normal to feel a pull towards the great outdoors. But beware, city folk, as you venture into the wilderness, for there lay many a peril, as Jimbow knows:
• Bears: "Bear spray will spray about 30 feet. But if you carry a bell, they normally stay clear if they can hear you coming."
• Poison Oak: "Poison oak soap is good stuff. Just lather it up if you end up walking through it."
• Mosquitoes: "Citronella and permethrine are pretty much a myth. Diethyltoluamide or DEET is actually proven to work. Get the highest concentration, and put it on a bandana around your wrist."
• Rattlesnakes: "Snake bite kits are like a syringe that works in reverse. It's better than trying to suck it out because you can swallow some of the venom."
• Wolf Spiders: "Those critters are nasty!"