2802 SE Ankeny
This lady's fashion boutique opened just a month ago, totally under the radar. It's awesome and pricey, but it's much more pricey to walk around fashion don'ting it. Una's owner bestows unto us her ultimate Don't Its:
• Don't be scared: "Nothing is out if you wear it with confidence. Be fearless."
• Don't skimp on jewelry: "Pile it on. Piles of gold, chunky chains."
• Don't order foofy drinks: "Old man drinks are the way to go. You should not have to add fruit or Red Bull to make a drink consumable."
• Don't show everything: "If you're wearing a short skirt, cover up your top with something loose or vice versa."
• Don't wear just black: "I love men in violet and pink. Believe me, it'll get more attention because creativity is attractive. Come on, you're secure enough in your masculinity, aren't you?"
From Ivy Studio
800 E Burnside
Now, not only can you get drunk, see shows, eat, get massages, have sex, and sleep on the Doug Fir/Jupiter block, but you can shop there too! Luke's got locally screen-printed shirts and neato crafts including knit beer cozies. Here are his fashion Do Its:
• Do bare your ankles: "If you're wearing a shoe that shows your ankle, don't be wearing bright white socks. Leave the sport socks look to the jocks."
• Do rock chinos: "There are other fabrics that are way more comfortable than denim, and denim is getting real old."
• Do DIY: "Try stenciling your own T instead of buying one from Urban Outfitters. That's a waste of money. It's punk to fuck up your own clothes."
• Do go soft: "Lose the hard metal rocker knock-off Ts and go psychedelic. When you can find Iron Maiden Ts at JCPenney, you know it's over. It's time to sport the paisley button-ups and shaggy hair."