* Governor: Jim Hill has guts.
* U.S. Senator: Bill Bradbury
* Superintendent of Public Instruction: Susan Castillo
* Multnomah County Sheriff: Vera Pool because the job is about managing the corrections system and Pool has the right experience.
* Metro Council President: David Bragdon
* Metro Councilor: Rod Park will protect the urban growth boundary.
* State Rep, 33rd District: Carol Robinson
* State Rep, 44th District: Gary Hansen
* Judge of Court of Appeals: David Schuman; his opposition is a spooky conservative.
* Measure 10: Vote NO because researchers should not be forced to share equity in their intellectual property.
* Measure 11: Vote YES; it will help the biotechnology industry grow in Oregon.
* Measure 13: Vote NO, because it allows the legislature to continue to irresponsibly take funds from Oregon's piggy bank.
* Measure 26-11: Vote NO; it is an attempt by land developers to undermine urban and rural planning and opens the door to sprawl.
* Measure 26-28: Vote YES; it is a small contribution from property owners to maintain Portland's parks and recreational offerings.
* Measure 26-29: Vote YES and maintain Metro's current control of urban planning (they've done a good job so far).
* Measure 26-31: Vote NO--why should we all pay for Mt. Hood Community College?
* Measure 26-32: Vote YES, because we all have access to the library.
* Measure 5-99: Vote NO, because not all of us should have to pay for Scappoose's services. (Where is Scappoose, anyway?)