Early election results are coming in from the East Coast, with a not-so-shocking win for the Tea Party in Kentucky. Here's what we got so far:
• In the Senate race, Tea Partier Rand Paul beats Democrat Jack Conway 53% to 47% in Kentucky.
• In Florida, Tea Party candidate Marco Rubio slams the competition, coming in with 50% of the vote. Independent Charlie Crist followed with a shameful 29%, ahead of Democrat Kendrick Meek with only 19%.
• So far, the GOP has gained one seat in the Senate, zero in the House. Update! Make that -1 in the House. Update 5:45 pm! Now make that +1 in the House. GEEZ!
• In addition, the GOP has prevailed in Ohio, Indiana, and South Carolina senate races.
• The AP is projecting that Democrat Chris Coons has defeated masturbating witch Christine O'Donnell in Delaware. UPDATE! It's official: O'Donnell is dunzo. Karl Rove had this to say, from Politico: “It gave me no pleasure to say that she was unlikely to win. But this again proves a lesson. This is a candidate who was right on the issues but who had mishandled a series of questions brought up by the press.”
Stay tuned for more election updates, and posts from our roving party crashers!