- Brent Ozaeta's Introverted Floating World, on view at Chambers@916
First Thursday alert! If you're planning on heading to the west-side artwalk tonight, I've got some openings to add to your itinerary.
Here's my hit list for the night (and samples from each show are after the jump): Breeze Block is hosting San Francisco-based painter Brandon Chuesy for his first Portland solo show, Thank You, I'm Sorry; Chambers@916 brought in Dallas-based mixed media artist Brent Ozaeta's Introverted Floating World, inspired by "imagery found on Japanese Internet forums" (pictured above); Nisus is presenting a show called Meat, made up of "new oil paintings by Scott Conary," and as the title suggests, it's all still lifes of raw meat; the Stumptown on 3rd has given its walls to ever-awesome collagist Tim Wenzel, presenting his solo show, Hi; Portland State University's Autzen Gallery is putting on a must-see from Jason Traeger (of Oregon Painting Society), titled New Perspectives in Cave Painting; and last but not least, Weiden + Kennedy is hosting photographer Ray Gordon's Throttled, taking "an intimate look at people that build and celebrate traditional hot rods and vintage motorcycles"— extending beyond W+K's gallery to a closed-off NW 13th, where a "vintage hot rod and motorcycle show" will take place.
Click on through the jump for a taste of tonight's First Thursday offerings.
- Breeze Block
- Brandon Chuesy's Thank You, I'm Sorry, opening at Breeze Block (323 NW 6th) from 6-10 pm
- Brent Ozaeta's Introverted Floating World, opening at Chambers@916 (916 NW Flanders) from 6-8:30 pm
- Scott Conary
- Scott Conary's Meat, opening at Nisus (328 NW Broadway #117) from 6-9 pm
- Tim Wenzel's Hi, opening at Stumptown (128 SW 3rd ) from 6-8 pm
- Jason Traeger
- Jason Traeger's New Perspectives in Cave Painting, opening at PSU's Autzen Gallery (Second floor, PSU Neuberger Hall, Room 205, 724 SW Harrison) from 5-8 pm
- Ray Gordon
- Ray Gordon's Throttled, opening at W+K (224 NW 13th) from 4-9 pm