Too bad you guys don't go to movies anymore, 'cause there are some pretty good ones coming out this week! Granted, there are also some terrible ones.
• Your Sister's Sister—The latest from the director of the excellent Humpday is "about characters figuring out who they are in relationship to one another, even when things get weird," says Alison Hallett.
• Seeking a Friend for the End of the World—Ned Lannamann says it starts off great, then turns into a "lazy, gooey, touchy romance."
• Brave—I liked it!
• Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter—I didn't like it!
• In the Family—Alex Zielinski says it "tackles the aftermath of a spouse's death in a gay marriage, illustrating the emotional whirlwind of a child custody dispute with beautiful, long takes." Fun!
• Surviving Progress—Marjorie Skinner's review reminds us that everything is terrible and we're all secretly miserable. Just in case you forgot.