Today at 11 am, Gov. Kate Brown will hold a press conference about the latest COVID-19 related updates for the state, among a host of other concerns which may include, but is not limited to, the following:
• The sharp decrease in COVID-19 cases across the state, along with an increase in hospitalizations and deaths, as well as the arrival of highly contagious COVID-19 variants.
• An update on the state of Oregon vaccines, some of which have been delayed due to bad weather nationwide.
• The death of an Oregon infant who tested positive for COVID-19.
• Students returning to in-school classes, and the progress being made to vaccinate teachers (rather than administrators who aren't directly interacting with kids).
• And of course, let's not forget the statewide power outages, and what's being done to get at least 15,000 customers back on line after a week of no electricity.
Joining the governor will be representatives from the Oregon Health Authority, Oregon Primary Care Association, and Virginia Garcia Memorial Health System. The press conference is scheduled to begin at 11 am today and YOU CAN WATCH IT HERE.