Whooo! You're a BUSY BEE. Look, it's completely understandable that since you've been SO busy, you may have missed some of the great reporting and stories the Mercury churned out this week! So while you're lounging about this weekend, catch up on the knowledge you need by reading some of these A+++ Mercury articles! (PRO TIP: If you despise being "the last to know," then be one of the first to know by signing up for Mercury newsletters! All the latest stories shipped directly to your email's in-box... and then... YOUR HEAD.)
• A Short History of Portland's Long Road to Police Body Cameras
Portland's been waffling on equipping its officers with body cans for nearly a decade. Will it stick this time?
• Portland Rap Superstar Aminé Is Coming Home to Kick Off His "Best Tour Ever Tour"
Hometown rap hero Aminé returns to Portland Saturday for his "Best Tour Ever Tour," and our Jenni Moore has the canary yellow preview.
• Review: Solve the Weekday Dinner Dilemma with Chicken and More From Rotigo
Move over, Costco rotisserie chicken! There's an amazing new chicken roaster in town (who also serves up sides, wine, and more) and you can take it to-go. Our Janey Wong reviews the delicious Rotigo.
• TriMet Will Now Ban Riders Who Spit at Drivers
Spitting at a TriMet employee will be punishable with a lifetime ban starting February 25.
• Savage Love: Rooting Around
A gentleman wants his prostate examined... THOROUGHLY. Will this request freak out his doctor? Dan Savage probes the question (with help from a special guest urologist) in this week's SAVAGE LOVE!
• Hear in Portland: A New Project from Southern Rapper and Former Portlander Quinn, Aminé’s Homecoming Show, and the Blues Fest Returns!
Check out the hottest shows, the newest music, and the latest gossip and things you can look forward to with Jenni Moore's weekly column!
• Portland Energy Fund Updates Grant Review Process After Controversy
Following public scrutiny of a grant recipient, the Portland Clean Energy Fund is adding additional steps to its grant review process.
• POP QUIZ PDX: It's Portland's Most Popular Quiz (Yes, More Popular Than "Wordle")
Don't miss this week's edition of Portland's funnest trivia game, POP QUIZ PDX, featuring loads of sassy Qs about Wordle, Kill Rock Stars, "Yamhill resident" (??) Nick Kristof, and the secret history of why you can't pump your own gas!
WOW, THAT IS A LOT OF GOOD READIN'. I hope you didn't have any other plans this weekend! Dig in, and remember: Producing all this hard work costs moolah—so please consider contributing to the Mercury to keep it all coming! Thanks!