THE CONTENT installation show on October 18 at Ace Hotel capped off what's been the most impressive fall season of Portland fashion events in recent memory. On the whole, venues got smarter, lineups more interesting, and overall quality went way up. Here are some of our favorite looks from the past month's shows.
• The fair-trade pdXchange gift shop's Meet the Maker event is billed as a "holiday preview" (is it that time already?), and it'll feature makers working with everything from weaving to photography to recycled inner-tube products. pdXchange, 3916 N Mississippi, Wed Oct 22, 5-9 pm
• Winn Perry is hosting another special meet-up, this time with venerable Alden Shoe Company. To celebrate the art of fine shoes (and their maintenance), they (in collaboration with GQ) have invited JD's Shoe Repair down to advise on repairs (bring one if you've got one), plus free shoe shines, giveaways, and Alden's Nate Humble will introduce the new Winn Perry exclusive style and its proper fit. And 10 percent off shopping. Winn Perry, 209 SW 9th, Thurs Oct 23, 6-8 pm
• Garnish celebrates the major milestone of 10 years of business. The party'll feature a fashion show of looks from their current collection, door prizes, and photo ops. Garnish, 404 NW 12th, Fri Oct 24, 6-9 pm
• Axiom is a longtime (if under-the-radar) custom manufacturing firm that's finally launching a website after 20 years in business! They've been quietly keeping the Made in USA torch alive, with projects for everyone from Nike to Toms to Disney... so they've been busy. Stop by the launch to congratulate them on finding the time to reach the World Wide Web! The Standard, 14 NE 22nd, Fri Oct 24, 7:30 pm
• The October edition of the Sunday Emporium returns, with your favorites from the Portland Flea, plus an added boost in the housewares department courtesy of host Rejuvenation. Rejuvenation, 1100 SE Grand, Sun Oct 26, 11 am-5 pm
• Italian knitwear line Fabiana Filippi introduces their full 2015 collection samples for pre-order at this three-day trunk show event. Here's your excuse: You'll be less likely to be totally sick of your sweater by May if it's a really nice one. Mercantile, 729 SW Alder, Tues Oct 28-Thurs Oct 30, mercantileportland.com for store hours