My least favorite piece of misogyny this week is a poll referencing the death of feminism, and Rush Limbaugh. A poll in the right-wing Washington Times said that only 28% of Americans label themselves feminists. That implies that the other 72% label themselves as idiots and jerkhead, labels applied using Gloria Stienem's tears as the adhesive. I don't understand how you can not call yourself a feminist because to me feminism is the idea that women deserve equal rights, the right to not feel objectified, the right to equal treatment, and the right to wear nightmare bunny suits whenever they want.

In response to this new poll, conservative radio talk show villian Rush Limbaugh said that he wants to take credit for the death of feminism. I bet if Feminism could talk it would be like, "Right back atcha!"

Limbaugh said on May 2 that for the last 28 years he has been "warning about [militant left wing feminism]. It is I, El Rushbo, and it might be said that I have succeeded in stigmatizing it." First of all, don't give yourself a nickname that would be too dumb for a fraternity hazing sweaty bro sadness party. Second of all, Rush Limbaugh isn't stigmatizing anything. The people who listen to his show already agree with him on everything. Including how to part your hair to hide the demon horns.

What kind of horrible human being wants to take credit for growing disinterest in civil rights movements? "Oh, the subjugation of a group of people is no longer maddening? The world is becoming less kind? I did this. All me. High five!" What kind of person would celebrate that? The kind of person that shouldn't have time to broadcast a radio show because they're too busy plotting to destroy Spider-Man?

Anyway. You don't have to be a bra burning, man hating, estrogen-bath taking amazon to be a feminist. Be a good decent person. Feminism, the belief that everyone deserves equality, isn't dead. And if it were, I think it would haunt the fuck out of Rush Limbaugh. This has been my least favorite piece of misogyny this week. Tune in next week to find out if the polyjuice potion will fade or if our glamourus heroine is stuck this way!