Another week, another cruel reminder of the fact that Mike Love is still the world's biggest, baldest dick. Holy hot jesus, what an asshole. Where's Uncle Jesse when you need him?
- Mike Melnyk
- Foghorn Stringband. They don't actually perform like this.
• • •Foghorn Stringband are one of the best practitioners of old-time American music on the globe. They're living, breathing history, and they live right here.
Foghorn Stringband - "Be Kind to a Man While He's Down"
• • •Rabbits' noisy bedlam cuts like a rusty bone saw, but the members of the band don't take themselves too seriously.
Rabbits - "We and Zoo"
• • •Seattle's Unnatural Helpers have their eyes on achieving "dinosaur" status someday. Meanwhile, they write songs that would make Graham Nash sad.
Unnatural Helpers - "Hate Your Teachers"
• • •The dreamy, gleamy Beach House want you to listen to their albums in their entirety. That said, here's a single song for you!
Beach House - "Myth"
• • •Plus a sprawling, sprawly sprawl of some of the other Up & Coming shows happening this week, all sprawled out.