Swift Watch: Today in Taylor and Jonathan Swift
1) According to numerous outlets, singer Taylor Swift and boytoy Harry Styles (of the boy band One Direction) have broken up.
2) "Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through."—Jonathan Swift, A Critical Essay upon the Faculties of the Mind (1707).
3) Taylor Swift, sad and alone on a boat.
4) "I have been assured by a very knowing American of my acquaintance in London, that a young healthy child well nursed is at a year old a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee or a ragout."—Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
5) Check out this ah-MAY-zing mashup of Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" mashed up with the Jackson 5's "Want You Back" put together by the very brilliant—though not as brilliant as Taylor or Jonathan Swift—NYC comedian/podcaster Chamberlain.